I’ve been seeing this trend going around a lot lately and after seeing it all over TikTok and Instagram, I caved and had to try it out (you know since we’re all stuck in quarantine and I have nothing better to do).
It’s super simple and takes a few minutes to make! Below is the recipe and a step by step so you can try it at home too! It’s sweet and decadent but you can alter the recipe to your liking.
Now that I’ve discovered this amazing drink, there’s no doubt that you’ll be seeing more pictures of me and my whipped coffee over on my IG!
Here are some of my thoughts about the Dalgona or whipped coffee that everyone has been talking about and making lately:
It’s a super fun and easy drink to make, and on your left, is a tutorial video of how the consistency of your foam should resemble before you’re ready to top it onto your milk with.
The texture of the mixture should be foamy and thick as well. If you’re using a hand mixer you don’t have to worry about it taking too long to change consistency.
I was pleasantly surprised with how strong it still tasted the first time around as most people said they couldn’t handle the sweetness (which is why I was so reluctant to try it out in the first place). Although if you are looking for something a little stronger, skip out on one of the tablespoons of sugar!
What this Recipe Calls for
| 1-2 Servings |
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup milk (of choice)
*I’ve tried it with almond milk and loved it
- Start by combining the two tablespoons of instant coffee and then the sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add the hot water into the mixing bowl and stir with a spoon to mix all ingredients into one another.
- Take an electric hand mixer and whisk ingredients together until a thick and lighter texture starts to form in the mixing bowl. You can manually mix with a whisk, although this will take longer.
- Once ready, the consistency should resemble a thick and foamy mixture.
- Spoon into a glass of your preferred milk.